Code of Professional Conduct
Non Solis Nobis – Not For Ourselves Alone
As a condition of membership in Advocis*, all members agree to abide by the Advocis Code of Professional Conduct (CPC).
1. Priority of Client’s Interest: An Advocis Member shall act in a client’s best interests
2. Integrity: An Advocis Member shall act with integrity
3. Competence: An Advocis Member shall act competently
4. Diligence: An Advocis Member shall act diligently
5. Disclosure: An Advocis Member shall act transparently
6. Professionalism: An Advocis Member shall act in a manner that reflects positively
upon all other Advocis Members/Institute Designation Holders
7. Confidentiality: An Advocis Member shall respect and protect the privacy of others
and the confidentiality of client information
8. Respect for the Law: An Advocis Member shall act in accordance with the spirit and
principles of the law
The CPC is part of an overall framework that includes Best Practices Applications and Disciplinary Procedures.
* – Advocis, The Financial Advisors Association of Canada, is the association of choice for financial advisors and planners. With more than 11,000 members in 40 chapters across the country, Advocis is the definitive voice of the profession, advocating for professionalism and consumer protection.